Piictu is looking for a UX/Visual Designer. This is an amazing opportunity to join a deeply “design centric” mobile startup in NYC. We are a small team of makers redefining the mobile experience; looking for the right person to join our team.
The ideal candidate should:
- Live and breathe beautiful visuals coupled with elegant UX. Experience and interest in simple UI/UX.
- Experience designing for mobile, multitouch devices (iOS design standard and practices.)
- Pixel-perfect design. From shadows and highlights on a button in Photoshop to refining existing icons and logos, you should be extremely comfortable with Photoshop.
- Ability to modify and construct solid HTML and CSS. (You should be very comfortable with HTML & CSS or be comfortable and willing to learn them quickly)
- Obsess over the details of a shadow that should be 5% more transparent.
- Have an understanding of typography, iconography, etc.
- Create rapid prototypes that communicate design ideas.
- Want to be challenged creatively and not afraid of “undefined” specs.
- Wear different hats on an interdisciplinary product team.
You will be in charge of:
- Defining the artistic style and visual aesthetic of new product features and technology.
- Participating in the general branding and identity strategy of the company.
- Working with product manager to translate vision into simple and elegant UI.
- Seeking to validate any new feature through usser data to know if design goal was successful.
If you think you might be the right person to join our endeavor we would love to hear from you. Please send us your portfolio and/or examples of previous work, including links to any live apps, a list of tools you use regularly and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org